Saturday, January 10, 2009

I've had a little TOO much cowbell

On letting go...

I've found that it's easier to do when he's calm and I can see the parts of him that I fell for in the first place.

Logically, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me as you'd think that seeing glimpses of "the old him" would draw me in closer.

But it's the good parts of him that I want to take with me as I continue my journey. His funny redneck comments, slapstick sense of humor, the oxymoron of his soothing rough voice... there are certain things that whenever I hear them, I think of him. I'm glad that a lot of those things are positive.

So, I'll care for him a little bit longer while he needs me and then I'll let him go and be wiser and happier for it.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo for knowing how to let go. It's the toughest lesson we ever learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you can handle it after all.

    That's great hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's kinda how brain sorts things out when something in my life is ending ...

    ReplyDelete